Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What has this world come to?

Now the recession has officially started to hit me where it hurts. The U.S. Postal Service is considering reducing mail delivery to only 5 days a week! There is less mail being sent, while the cost of delivering mail continues to increase. I try and do my part by sending out lots of cards, ordering from Amazon.com and even mailing a few of my bills the old fashioned way (I don't trust the utilities to do online billing right). Out of all my daily errands, the Post Office is my favorite. I think it goes back to watching Mister Rogers every morning and waiting for Mr. McFeely to deliver the mail. Recently, the randomest piece of mail I received was a letter from #43 thanking me for my service to his administration. I had no idea that interns were even considered worthy of a letter! I really hope we can avoid this travesty. The mail is one of the coolest things we have, because for 42 cents you can send something clear across the country. So get out there and write some letters, the USPS and I thank you. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will you ever find out if it was his signature? It looked pretty good...

Anonymous said...

Juice this was written at 1:57 You should have been working! Back it Bub!

Sofia's boyfriend