Monday, June 23, 2008

What to do when no one is at work

The entire office has left me here by lonesome. Well I take that back, I have a few fellow comrades here to make sure I don't mysteriously die in my office/get stuck in the elevator. Apparently, at the Long Beach Court House a judge was stuck over the weekend in the lift (I love British versions of words!). The phone didn't work and her cell phone didn't have service. It was after everyone had left so nobody heard her yelling and they didn't find her until Monday morning! She survived, but I think I would take the stairs after that kind of experience. But I digress, what is everyone's favorite pastimes at work?

A group of my friends who spend their days glued to their computer screens have a habit of sending each other links to articles they find interesting. What ensues is 20 emails back and forth that always digress into topics very far from where they started.

The other day I looked at my sent box and realized I rarely send very much email, I usually just read a lot of it. So besides the typical news sites, I also like to visit Daily Candy to keep up to date on what's hip and happening and LA.com so I know where is the newest place to go out. Funny enough I rarely go anywhere these 2 sites recommend, but I hate not knowing about a place and then having to hear from others about it.

Fake online shopping is also something I enjoy very much. What this involves is going on my favorite online stores like Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Gap, Old Navy, Sephora etc. and putting a bunch of things in my cart, which I almost NEVER buy. But it satisfies my urge to spend some cash (well temporarily).

But most recently, my favorite thing to do has been to go on to Wikipedia and read random articles about people's lives that have been made into movies or are infamous. Recently, I've been on a spate of serial killers (dark I know), but I also enjoy reading about famous people from Whittier (Kathy Hilton, mother of Paris, was born in Whittier) and in history such as Darwin (his writings on evolution recently had an anniversary, plus he wasn't the only one who came up with this theory, there were 2 others!).

I hope everyone who's at work on this Monday morning is enjoying themselves. And for those of you who live in LA make sure to read the latest of mistakes by our friends over on Beaudry street. Pure genius!




No comments: